Grain based mineralised feed for sheep
NRM Sheep Nuts are designed to supplement pasture, particularly in times of low pasture growth and/or poor pasture quality or where nutrient demands are high.
Key Benefits and Features
- Quality ingredients in a nut to ensure optimum utilisation and reduced wastage.
- High levels of digestible energy and metabolisable energy (ME) compared with other supplements such as forages to help sustain sheep during period of feed stress.
- Highly digestible ingredients for late pregnancy when feed intake is limited.
- Molasses for increased palatability.
- A wide range of essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements for flock health and production. This includes vitamins A, D and E, as well as trace elements such as zinc, selenium, iodine, cobalt and manganese.
- Formulated to avoid excess copper content which can be deleterious to sheep.
The NRM quality assurance programme ensures products are quality tested to meet their stated specifications.
Typical analysis (approximate on a dry matter basis)
*The Metabolisable Energy (ME) values are calculated by a registered laboratory from an equation and are not an actual measured value. Therefore they are only a guide for predicting the energy content of a feed.
All sheep: Typical feeding rate is 150g/head/day. Optimum feeding rates depend on pasture availability and quality and the age and condition of the sheep. The nuts can be fed at higher levels if required. Transition onto NRM Sheep Nuts by starting with 50g/head/day, ideally for a week before building up to 150g/ head/day over the following 1 to 2 weeks. Ensure an adequate amount of forage is available at all times. Ensure sheep have access to clean drinking water at all times.
Ingredients selected from
Grains (wheat, barley, maize, triticale), grain by-products, oilseed meals, grass seed meal, legumes, molasses, sodium bentonite, minerals, trace minerals and vitamins, vegetable oil.
NRM Sheep Nuts contain added cobalt, iodine, manganese, selenium and zinc in addition to calcium, sodium and vitamins A, D and E. To discuss the optimum feeding levels and diet for your flock please call the NRM Nutrition Team on 0800 800 380.
Please ensure product is stored in a cool, dry and vermin free environment.
Caution: Do not feed to any animal species other than those stipulated on the label.